This program is a 10 week course 5 days a week.
Possible apprenticeship outcomes for those who complete the course.
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course. Skills will be trained and assessed at ATEC Lonsdale.
Careers from this course
- Trades assistant
- Builders labourer; or
- Construction assistant
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or hold an eligible VISA.
- Have the ability to read, write and understand basic English and carry out basic mathematical calculations.
- Be able to commit to the course duration and time commitment.
Fee Free for eligible students
Eligibility criteria applies.
limited places available
Subsidised Fee: $395.00 AUD (GST exempt)
This course may be subsidised by the Government of South Australia for eligible students. Please contact ATEC so we can assess your eligibility. https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility
$4,125.00 AUD (GST exempt)
Note: Fee for Service students (full fee paying) are required to pay a deposit (to a maximum of $1500) with the balance of fees due prior to the completion of training. Alternately, payment by direct debit can be arranged with a deposit required for this option.
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). Apply for an USI
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for enrolment purposes
People from the following groups are strongly encouraged to apply:
- First Nations
- Young People (17-24 years) and not enrolled in school
- Women seeking to enter non-traditional trades
- unemployed or at rick of unemployment
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To be supplied by participant:
- Safety Boots (steel cap)
- Safety glasses
- Work pants (work short accepted)
- Long-sleeved shirt (for WHS reasons please do not wear excessively loose clothing)
- High visibility vest (high visibility shirt/jumper is acceptable)
- Sun protection as required
|CPCCOM1012||Work effectively and sustainably in the Construction Industry|
|CPCCOM1013||Plan and organise work|
|CPCCOM1015||Carry out measurements and calculations|
|CPCCVE1011||Undertake a basic construction project|
|CPCCWHS2001||Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the Construction Industry|
|CPCCCA2002||Use carpentry tools and equipment|
|CPCCCM2004||Handle construction materials|
|CPCCCM2006||Apply basic levelling procedures|
|CPCCCO2013||Carry out concreting to simple forms|
|CPCCCM2009||Carry out basic demolition|