Operate elevating work platform
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to operate Scissor Lifts (SL) and Boom Lifts (BL) with a height under 11 meters (not the high-risk licence) safely and competently. This course has been developed by the EWPA in consultation with members and industry with the intention to assist operators, employers, equipment owners and manufactures to comply with the Work, Health & Safety legislations.
1 day/8 hours (Face to Face) - 8:00am to 4:30pm
Note: A Participant Workbook will be provided to you on payment of training. We ask that you read and familiarise yourself with the content prior to attending on the day.
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Be 18 years of age to be issued with a full licence; or
- Be at least 16 years of age for a restricted ‘R’ licence (requiring supervision by a fully licenced operator with the same tickets). Once 18 you will be required to contact the EWPA on 1800 015 166 to arrange your upgrade to the full licence.
- Be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or hold an eligible VISA
- Have the ability to read, write and understand basic English and carry out basic mathematical calculations.
- Be able to work at heights.
- $560.00 AUD (GST exempt)
- $170.00 AUD (GST exempt) with a valid CITB
Courses must be paid for on booking unless alternative arrangements have been made. Training will not be confirmed until payment has been received
This course may be subsidised by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) for eligible participants visit https://citb.org.au/construction-workers-or-apprentices/short-course-funding to apply.
Note: Tuition and incidental fees will still require contribution by learners if eligible for funding
- Plan and prepare for operating an elevating work platform
- Conduct work activities from elevating work platform
- Carry out operator maintenance
- Clean up
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). To apply for a USI go to https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for assessment purposes.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To be supplied by participant:
- Safety Boots (steel cap)
- Safety glasses
- Work pants (work shorts accepted)
- Long-sleeved shirt (for WHS reasons please do not wear excessively loose clothing)
- High visibility vest (high visibility shirt/jumper is acceptable) • Sun protection as required
On successful completion of all requirements of this course, learners will be issued with:
- A Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN301E – Operate elevating work platform
- Yellow Card NB: this card is issued (at no cost) by EWPA not by ATEC
Register your interest
If you have any questions about this or any course, reach out to us:Call: 1300 112 832 Find us on Facebook
Do you have a question about any of the information here?Make an Enquiry