4 days / 8 hours per day (Face to Face) - 8:00am to 4:30pm
12 Wednesday nights/ 3 hours per night (Face to Face) - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Be at least 16 years
- Be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or hold an eligible VISA.
- Have the ability to read, write and understand basic English and carry out basic mathematical calculations.
- Have the physical ability to perform practical fabrication skills.
All participants wishing to attain the accredited MEM05018C unit will need to have successfully completed the following (and provide evidence to ATEC).
Note: client who have not completed the below units may still be eligible to attend training, but will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance on successful completion of training.
|MEM05007C||Perform manual heating and thermal cutting|
|MEM05049B||Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding|
|MEM05019D||Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process|
|MEM05051A||Select welding processes|
|MEM05052A||Apply safe welding practices|
|MEM09002B||Interpret technical drawing|
|MEM12023A||Perform engineering measurements|
|MEM18001C||Use hand tools; and|
|MEM18002B||Use power tools/ hand held operations|
$1120.00 AUD (GST exempt)
$1800.00 AUD (GST exempt)
Courses must be paid for on booking unless alternative arrangements have been made. Training will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
- Prepare welding materials and equipment
- Weld joints to code requirements using GTAW
- Assess weld quality and rectify faults
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). Apply for an USI.
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for enrolment purposes
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To be supplied by participant:
- Safety Boots (steel cap)
- Safety glasses
- Appropriate workshop attire (non-flammable) i.e. work trousers and a long-sleeved work shirt (for WHS reasons please do not wear excessively loose clothing)
- Appropriate welding gloves and a welding helmet
On successful completion of all requirements of this course, learners holding all pre-requisites will be issued with:
A Statement of Attainment for MEM05020C – Perform advanced welding using gas metal arc welding process
Alternatively, clients who do not hold all pre-requisites will be issued with:
- A Statement of Attendance