2 days / 8 hours per day (Face to Face) - 8:00am to 4:30pm
6 Wednesday nights/ 3 hours per night (Face to Face) - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Be at least 16 years
- Be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or hold an eligible VISA.
- Have the ability to read, write and understand basic English and carry out basic mathematical calculations.
- Have the physical ability to perform practical fabrication skills.
$560.00 AUD (GST exempt)
$900.00 AUD (GST exempt)
Courses must be paid for on booking unless alternative arrangements have been made. Training will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
- Identify weld requirements
- Prepare materials
- Prepare equipment for welding
- Perform routine welding using GMAW
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). Apply for an USI.
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for enrolment purposes
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To be supplied by participant:
- Safety Boots (steel cap)
- Safety glasses
- Appropriate workshop attire (non-flammable) i.e. work trousers and a long-sleeved work shirt (for WHS reasons please do not wear excessively loose clothing)
- Appropriate welding gloves and a welding helmet
On successful completion of all requirements of this course, learners holding all pre-requisites will be issued with:
- A Statement of Attainment for MEM05049B – Perform routine gas metal arc welding