This program is offered as a 48 Month (4year) Australian Apprenticeship Training Contract.
Note: usually completed in approx. 3.5 years. You will be assigned an ATEC Case Manager who will work with you and your employer to develop a Training Plan that suits the needs of you and your employer.
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course. Skills will be trained and assessed through a blend of off-the-job (trade school), self paced study and on-the-job training.
- Be signed into an approved Training Contract with an employer through an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
- Be 16 years or older for a standard apprenticeship training contract; or
- 15 years or older for a school based apprenticeship training contract
- Be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or hold an eligible VISA.
- Have the ability to read, write and understand basic English and carry out basic mathematical calculations.
Please contact ATEC on 1300 112 832 for further information on course fees. Note: Students are required to contribute towards tuition fees and other incidentals such as textbooks.
Subsidised Fee: $3205.40 AUD (GST exempt)
JobTrainer Subsidised Fee: $723.80 AUD (GST exempt)
This course may be subsidised by the Government of South Australia for eligible students. Please contact ATEC so we can assess your eligibility.
This course may be subsidised by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) for eligible participants, visit https://citb.org.au/construction-workers-or-apprentices/apply-for- a-citb-number to apply.
Note: Tuition and incidental fees will still require contribution by learners if eligible for funding
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). To apply for a USI go to https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for enrolment purposes
- Applicants will be required to attend an enrolment session and undertake a Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at a level required to successfully complete the qualification. Potential clients who are identified as not meeting course requirements will be assisted with referral to appropriate support services.
- It is suggested that all students hold a White Card; this will be required before entering any construction site.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To be supplied by participant:
- Safety Boots (steel cap)
- Safety glasses (non-tinted)
- Long pants
- Long-sleeved shirt (for WHS reasons please do not wear excessively loose clothing)
- High visibility vest (high visibility shirt/jumper is acceptable)
- Sun protection as required
On successful completion of all requirements of this course, learners will be issued with:
- A Record of Results; and a
- Certificate for the CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry.
Note: Students who do not complete all the requirements of this course will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency that have been successfully achieved.
These units are a sample training plan that ATEC offers for this qualification in accordance with the qualification rules described in Training.gov - CPC30211 Packaging Rules
22 Core Units & 8 Elective Units
Core course units
|CPCCCA2002B||Use carpentry tools and equipment|
|CPCCCA2011A||Handle carpentry materials|
|CPCCCA3001A||Carry out general demolition of minor building structures|
|CPCCCA3002A||Carry out setting out|
|CPCCCA3023A||Carry out levelling operations|
|CPCCCM1012A||Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry|
|CPCCCM1013A||Plan and organise work|
|CPCCCM1014A||Conduct workplace communication|
|CPCCCM1015A||Carry out measurements and calculations|
|CPCCCM2001A||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCCM2002A||Carry out excavation|
|CPCCCM2007B||Use explosive power tools|
|CPCCCM2008B||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding|
|CPCCCM2010B||Work safely at heights|
|CPCCCO2013A||Carry out concreting to simple forms|
|CPCCOHS2001A||Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry|
|CPCCCA3003A||Install flooring systems|
|CPCCCA3004A||Construct wall frames|
|CPCCCA3005B||Construct ceiling frames|
|CPCCCA3006B||Erect roof trusses|
|CPCCCA3007C||Construct pitched roofs|
|CPCCCA2003A||Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground|
|CPCCCA3009B||Construct advanced roofs|
|CPCCCA3010A||Install and replace windows and doors|
|CPCCCA3013A||Install lining, panelling and moulding|
|CPCCCA3016A||Construct timber external stairs|
|CPCCCA3017B||Install exterior cladding|
|CPCCCA3018A||Construct, erect and dismantle formwork for stairs and ramps|
|RIIHAN301E||Operate elevating work platform|