This program is offered as a 48 Month (4year) training course.
Note: usually completed in approx. 3.5 years
You will be assigned an ATEC Case Manager who will work with you to develop a Training Plan that suits your needs.
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course. Skills will be trained and assessed through a blend of off-the-job (trade school), self paced study and on-the-job training.
Note: Some components may also be achieved through formal skills recognition assessment processes (RPL).
- Be a qualified Engineering Tradesperson; or
- Be signed into an approved Training Contract with an employer through an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network
- Be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or hold an eligible VISA.
- Have the ability to read, write and understand basic English and carry out basic mathematical calculations.
- Have the physical ability to perform practical fabrication skills.
Please contact ATEC on 1300 112 832 for further information on course fees.
$5032.00 AUD (GST exempt)
This course may be subsidised by the Government of South Australia for eligible students. Please contact ATEC so we can assess your eligibility. https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). Apply for an USI
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for enrolment purposes
- Applicants will be required to attend an enrolment session and undertake a Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at a level required to successfully complete the qualification. Potential clients who are identified as not meeting course requirements will be assisted with referral to appropriate support services.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To be supplied by participant:
- Safety Boots (steel cap)
- Safety glasses
- Appropriate workshop attire (non-flammable). i.e. work trousers and a Long-sleeved work shirt (for WHS reasons please do not wear excessively loose clothing)
- Drawing equipment
- Welding gloves and a welding helmet
On successful completion of all requirements of this course, learners will be issued with:
- A Record of Results; and a
- Certificate for the MEM40119 Certificate IV Engineering
Note: Students who do not complete all the requirements of this course will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency that have been successfully achieved.
These units are a sample training plan that ATEC offers for this qualification in accordance with the qualification rules described in training.gov.au
Sample training plan and units under construction