2 Weeks (Monday to Friday) - Face to Face
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course. Skills will be trained and assessed at ATEC Lonsdale and Ottoway.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or hold an eligible VISA.
- Have the ability to read, write and understand basic English and carry out basic mathematical calculations.
- Be able to commit to the course duration and time commitment.
Eligibility criteria applies.
Limited places available
Subsidised Fee: $295.00 AUD (GST exempt)
This course may be subsidised by the Government of South Australia for eligible students. Please contact ATEC so we can assess your eligibility. https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility
$2,000 AUD (GST exempt)
Note: Fee for Service students (full fee paying) are required to pay a deposit (to a maximum of $1500) with the balance of fees due prior to the completion of training. Alternately, payment by direct debit can be arranged with a deposit required for this option.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
To be supplied by participant:
- Safety Boots (steel cap)
- Safety glasses
- Work pants (work short accepted)
- Long-sleeved shirt (for WHS reasons please do not wear excessively loose clothing)
- High visibility vest (high visibility shirt/jumper is acceptable)
- Sun protection as required
- Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). Apply for an USI
- Provision of Australian legal photo identification for enrolment purposes
People from the following groups are strongly encouraged to apply:
- First Nations
- Young People (17-24 years) and not enrolled in school
- Women seeking to enter non-traditional trades
- unemployed or at risk of unemployment
Units that will be undertake during this course
|CPCWHS1001||Prepare to work safely in the construction industry|
|CPCCWHS2001||Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry|
|CPCCCM2005||Use construction tools and equipment|
|CPCCOM1012||Work effectively and sustainably in the Construction Industry|
|CPCCVE1011||Undertake a basic construction project|
|CPCCCM2010||Work Safely at heights|