What is ATEC Academy?
For many years, ATEC has provided trade training in Metal Fabrication, Mechanical Engineering, Construction and Electrical, resulting in thousands of qualified tradespeople working throughout South Australian industry and making an immeasurable contribution to our economy. Alongside the four-year apprenticeships of the bigger part of our student population, ATEC offers many short courses in specific areas of need for schools, the general community and for industry.
The new ATEC Academy is not bricks-and-mortar, but it is the identity and the home of a growing range of in-demand short-courses, or micro-credentials as they are now known. The ATEC Academy provides a clear entry point for the community and industry to access our micro-credential programs and to develop new skills in areas of need, which includes such courses as:
- Basic Welding in: MIG, TIG and ARC.
- Advanced Welding in: MIG, TIG and ARC.
- First Aid & CPR: HLTAD011 - Provide first aid and HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Manual Handling: accredited HLTWHS005 - Conduct manual tasks safely and non-accredited Hazardous manual tasks.
- Forklift Licensing: TLILIC0003 - Licence to operate a forklift truck.
- Elevating Work Platform: RIIHAN301E - Operate elevating work platform.
- Child Safe Environments: full course and refresher course.
- Health & Safety Representative Training, levels 1, 2 & 3.
- White Card: CPCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
Other micro-credential courses will soon join this line-up. Students completing ATEC Academy micro-credentials will receive a membership certificate, priority access for further skills development and other benefits. The ATEC Academy is its alumni and a way for students to remain connected to our family of graduates, which will provide assistance with their further career development.
Do you have a question about any of the information here?Make an Enquiry